Monday, October 15, 2018

Serious update

To all those wondering if FSMR is dead: It is not dead, though you could say it technically "died". I have not been able to focus on FSMR much this year, at the beginning of the year my personal life was completely derailed in such an insane way.


Recovering has been a slow and painful process. A lot of time, money and energy has been spent wasted on someone who can get away with criminal acts because they have the money to and can easily manipulate anyone and lack any sort of heart. I do not really want to put my personal life out here but feel I owe it to you all who have been patient with some sort of explanation. I don't want to waste my time on this individual or the people that work for them any longer, that karma will catch up to eventually.


After the previous post "swimming without the gravity suit" but before the stuff that happened in my life, I had been experiementing with different looks for Samus, such as a gravity suit that looked more like the one in Samus Returns for the 3DS. More frames of animation towards Samus have been completed as well and some more tileset sprites and experiemental background art for Ceres mainly are done too. It isn't much since the previous update but I will have more to show later in the year down the line.



As a small teaser, this is an example of the SR style gravity suit. I may end up doing a hybrid of the Prime series/Samus Returns suit looks for all the suits so this is not what it will look like in the end.






Thank you all for looking forward to FSMR, expect a more official update soon!

18 comments:

  1. thank you so damn much dude! you are seriously doing amazing work. glad to see that the project isn't dead. sorry to hear about what you had to go through this year. never give up and again, thank you for not quitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous design from M:SR! looks like an improvement from what we had before.
    Also, I hope you get better with your personal life, it must've been really harmful whatever happenned. Stay strong and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the double post but... do you need any kind of help with this project?

      Delete
  3. Thank you, I am doing pretty alright now.
    And yes, if you are a spriter/ artist there is so much art content in the base version of Super Metroid alone so we need more artists :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. personally, I'd stick with the Prime/original gravity design if it were me. I'm not a fan of the SR gravity suit personally.

    As far as thinking the project was dead, I thought it was. Nice to hear its not, I understand how much a project like this takes up your time and how much work there is involved. Dedication and a good team though and you'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kenji! Please answer the following questions. Etecoons and Dachoras will be teach Samus jumping off the walls and Shinespark? At least in MZM Samus knows how to jump off the walls and knows the technique of "Shinespark". Can this will be like a memories Samus when meeting with these characters? Or Etecoons and Dachoras in game not will?
    Will energy be spent upon Shinespark?
    Ice beam will be work also as in MZM or as in AM2R?

    Best regards,
    Sergey

    (P.S. sorry for my English, if something is not correctly written)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Etecoons and Dachoras will definitely be making an appearence and fill in the same roll they did in the original of teaching her walljumping and shinesparking. Depending on how much the map changes, they may fill in another role ^^

      No energy will be spent when using Shinespark

      The ice beam will be as it was in MZM. There's a lot of areas where frozen enemies are needed to advance or get items early. It's possible we could develop a hybrid between the two (so some enemies fall and shatter after being frozen and some become frozen platforms) but for now there are no plans for that.

      Delete
  6. I'm really sorry you've had to deal with such awful stuff. However long it takes for you to fully recover, I hope you do, and I hope that always takes priority over FSMR. Your well-being is always the most important thing.

    That said, that Gravity Suit looks incredible; SR's Suits are the best, and seeing them implemented into this game is perfect. The background art is also looking really slick. And it's great just to know any progress is being made. Take however long you need, we'll keep on looking forward to whatever you've got for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I just noticed the new banner up top. That Samus sprite looks fantastic! This is gonna be something really special in its completed form.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, I am pretty much over it at this point so doing much better now.

      There will be more coming in real soon, everyone is going to be seeing the power suit for a while :D

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love the neon look of the suit.
    Quick question: Will you include any easter eggs? Like secret room, area or just funny idle animation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many easter eggs planned it may be hard to catch all of them in one playthough :D

      Delete
    2. I still haven't 100%-ed am2r but i'll do it for fsmr even if it will be the last thing i'll do! Over the top shouting aside i'm hyped as i never have been. And Ori and the will of wisps is a thing so yeah.

      Delete
    3. What about the running? Is it gonna be button as in sm? And what about it's dynamic, original? Or maybe it's like in hyper metroid?

      Delete
  8. Esta obra de arte estara para antes del 35 aniversario...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello I would def love to stream and or make a gameplay of the super Metroid remake! I know it might take a few years or more for the release but I would be happy to help with anything I can if needed!

    ReplyDelete